Things to know before filling out this form
- You will need to be aged 18
- The London Marathon 2021 takes place on Sunday 3 October 2021
- We only have 10 guaranteed London Marathon places, so unfortunately not every application will be successful We will determine who gets a place through this application process
- We ask all our runners to pledge a minimum sponsorship of £3,000 for the London Marathon
- Please complete and submit this form by 26 March 2021 at the latest. Applications received after this date may not be considered. We will acknowledge all forms that we receive
For more than 30 years, the Hospice has been providing free, high-quality specialist end of life care to tens of thousands of people with life-threatening illnesses. Our compassionate support, comfort and advice help families, carers and friends during their loved ones’ illness and through the process of loss and grief.
It costs over £10.3 million to deliver the care we offer, with over 78% of this money coming from voluntary income. Without events like the London Marathon we would not be able to offer this vital care. Today, at any one time, our Princess Alice Nurses, doctors and other specialist staff are looking after more than 800 people in need. By ensuring our patients and their families get the right care by the right person at the right time we help to provide a better quality of life and improved care at home, and to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions.
We have 10 Charity Gold Bond places to allocate so to enhance your chances of gaining a place, please also enter the public ballot for the London Marathon.
If you are lucky enough to gain a place, you can still run in aid of Princess Alice Hospice and will receive exactly the same support as a Gold Bond place runner during your training and on the day. The Virgin Money London Marathon organisers will notify you if you are successful in gaining a ballot place towards the beginning of October this year. If you are not successful in that ballot but have also applied for a Princess Alice Hospice place, the panel meets to allocate our Gold Bond places at the end of October.
Please fill in the application form as fully as possible, particularly paying attention to the part where you are asked for all your great ideas for reaching the minimum sponsorship pledge of £3,000.
Fields marked with * are mandatory to complete. If the 'next' button does not work check you have completed all fields.