Fancy getting the family off their phones, iPads and Xboxes and into some healthy habits? Then why not sign up to a festive family fun run?
Running with family, friends or colleagues can add even more fun to our Santa Fun Run... so why not round a few people up and sign up together? The more the merrier!
The benefits of joining a family fun run
- It’s good for the mind and body. Running does wonders for your bones and lungs, and really boosts your immune system. An active lifestyle also makes people more mentally alert, which promotes learning.
- Family bonding time. Training and running together is a great way to instil togetherness and keep one another motivated.
- You meet new people. Running events gather like-minded people, so you are bound to meet families who are similar to yourselves.
- Fundraising for a charity. Not only are you bonding with your family and doing wonders for your physical and mental health but you are also running for a purpose, which gives you and your family a great sense of achievement.
- Being part of something bigger than you are. Whether it’s running amongst hundreds or thousands of other runners, it is the sense of being part of something bigger than you. The atmosphere is amazing; people are smiling and feeling proud of what they are achieving.
Reasons why you and your friends should join one of our 5k fun runs
- Friends push you to go harder and encourage you not to quit
- Friends hold you accountable – if you have planned to meet your friend for a walk/jog/run then you are more likely to stick to it compared to if you had planned a run on your own
- You get to spend some quality time together whilst getting fit
- Instead of meeting your friends for a meal or a cinema trip, you will be meeting them to train; this helps you save some extra money for the Christmas period
- It’s a great sense of achievement raising money together for a good cause
- You will be making a head start at working off some of that ‘Christmas weight’ we will all be putting on and kick starting your new year’s resolutions of living a healthier lifestyle
- You get to do something fun with your friends and dress up as Santas!
A few benefits of running with your colleagues
- Most people spend a huge chunk of their day at work with their colleagues, so what better group to run with? You can keep each other on track and motivated, and head out for lunchtime training jogs or runs together
- Running with your colleagues is great for team building and can bring the team closer
- Instead of using your corporate budget on team building days out, you can use that budget to raise money for a good cause instead