Referring a patient
Princess Alice Hospice provides care for adults who have complex needs and who require assessment and management by our specialist multi-professional team.
We care for patients with cancer and other illnesses such as heart failure, lung disease, dementia, Parkinson’s and Motor Neurone Disease.
Referral criteria for care at home
Patients can be referred for care at home for the following reasons.
- Assessment and management of complex unstable symptoms.
- Assessment for in-patient symptom control and terminal care.
- Support and information for patients and carers.
- Support to healthcare professionals caring for patients with advanced illness or facing the end of their life.
Referral criteria for in-patients
Patients who are admitted to the Hospice in-patient unit generally fall into the following categories.
- Symptom control – many of whom will be discharged back into the community once they are sufficiently stable.
- Psychosocial crisis, where the situation at home has become untenable. These admissions vary in length while we aim to place the patient in their preferred place of care.
- Palliative rehabilitation.
- Terminal care.
Contact the Clinical Secretaries Team
Telephone: 01372 461804
Fax: 01372 470937
For urgent referrals, please telephone the team as well as faxing the referral form.
Out of hours advice and support
For urgent evening and weekend referrals please contact the team via the Careline service.
0208 744 9414
South West London Specialist Palliative Care Referral Form
Surrey Specialist Palliative Care Referral Form
Back to top