Share and Learn Network
By joining the Share and Learn Network, you’ll receive:
- Convenient, online access to 6-weekly, 1-hour sessions run by experienced Princess Alice Hospice staff, with topics including Reflective Practice Time, How To Care For Someone Who’s Dying, and Saying Goodbye Rituals
- The opportunity to suggest topics for the learning sessions
- Peer support from other care home workers in your area
- Access to high-quality online training and eLearning
- 10% discount on many face to face or Zoom courses
- Taking part in network events maybe used to provide evidence of professional development for Nurses and Nursing Associates
- Invitations to networking events: meet other care home workers, share ideas and gain new skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunities to share advice, offer support, gain knowledge, learn new skills and hear from experts in End Of Life Care
- An opportunity to tell other care homes about what aspects of care you are passionate about and share your knowledge
Dates and times
The first 6 sessions are detailed below but more will be added as a rolling programme
8th Sept 22 – 2-3pm – Approaching and having difficult conversations
20th Oct 22 – 2-3pm – How to care for somebody who is dying
1st Dec 22 – 2-3pm – Reflective Practice session
12th Jan 23 – 2-3pm – Saying goodbye after someone has died
23rd Feb 23 – 2-3pm – Oral care at the end of life
6th April 23 – 2-3pm – Journal Club
What does it cost?
Membership costs £300 per annum, per care home, which includes unlimited individual memberships for colleagues within your organisation.
Once the annual fee of £300 per care home is paid, care home staff are entitled to receive 10% reduction on the fee for the majority of our courses that we run throughout 2022 and 2023.
The following courses are not included in the discount; ECEPC, FASP and Advanced Communication Skills.
If you need any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Princess Alice Hospice Education team will be happy to help you.
The Share and Learn Network will be run as Project ECHO sessions.
Supported by Hospice UK, Project ECHO is a distance learning methodology offering specialist teaching and the sharing of knowledge across networks (such as care homes) ensuring peer support where it is needed most.