- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
Our promise to you
So here’s our promise:
We will commit to high standards
- We will adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
We will be clear, honest and open
- We will tell the truth and we will not exaggerate.
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent.
- We will be able to explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- We will ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible.
- We will provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
We will be respectful
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift. If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
- We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure that those who choose not to receive specific types of communication don’t have to.
- We will be accountable and responsible
- We will manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
- We will have a complaints procedure, a copy of which will be available on our website or available on request.
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is unsatisfactory.
- We will monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request
Our promise is backed up by our Supporter Charter with five key aims:
- Integrity – We will acknowledge and say sorry when we get things wrong
- Compassion – We will tell our supporters about the difference their support is making to our patients
- Accountability – We will allow supporters to control what communications we send them and how we send them
- Respect – We will never share, sell or swap a supporter’s personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes
- Excellence – We will be responsive and treat our supporters as we would like to be treated
Comments, compliments and complaints
We welcome our supporters’ comments. Their compliments let us know when we are getting things right and it is good to be able to tell staff and volunteers that they are doing well.
We work hard to deliver a high quality service to our supporters. Despite our best efforts we may not always get everything right. When this happens, we would encourage them to let us know as soon as possible so that we can try our best to resolve the problem. If they are not happy that the problem has been resolved they may want to make a complaint. Supporters’ complaints are also welcome; they help us reflect on how we can improve and to get things right next time. We treat all complaints very seriously and supporters are welcome to have a copy of our formal complaints procedure.
If you would like to make a comment, compliment or complaint, please click here to find out more. Alternatively you can contact our Supporter Care Team on 01372 461808 or email email@example.com.
How do we manage and use your data?