Whatever their job…nurse, chef, therapist, social worker, sales assistant or ward volunteer…everyone at Princess Alice is committed to doing their best. We maintain the highest professional standards so that our care is the very best it can be. And at the heart of everything we do is compassion – because we understand that kindness and understanding make the biggest difference of all.
What we do
One simple aim
Many people think that hospices are all about dying. We disagree. We believe that end of life care is about helping people live every moment to the full in comfort and dignity. It’s about creating a space whether in our Hospice or at home where families can enjoy special moments and create precious memories together.
How do we achieve this?
Reaching more people
We believe that everyone has the right to a good death – not just the few. Over the next five years we are planning to reach more people by extending specialist end of life care out into the community. We do this by:
- Delivering outstanding end of life care in the home.
- Supporting families caring for patients at home.
- Sharing our skills and knowledge with doctors, nurses, carers and social workers as well as non-professionals caring in the community.
- Helping create compassionate communities where friends, neighbours and colleagues feel able to care for and support patients and families through death and bereavement.
- Taking a strong lead in the debate about death and dying.
We’re working towards a future where we can all choose where we die. Where we will know that wherever we choose to be, we will receive outstanding care and support. Everyone who works with us will play a part in building this future.
Princess Alice Hospice provides a comprehensive range of services that respond to the individual needs of patients and their families, so that they can live life to the full, create memories, share special moments and when the time comes, support them through, before and after the death of a loved one.
Watch our animated film based on a true story to see how we are supporting families together…